MIGRATEST© EXP is based on numeric algorithms, which enable the calculation of migration and permeation of migrants from packaging materials into consumer goods like foodstuff, cosmetic or pharmaceutical products. MIGRATEST© EXP allows a deep insight in migration processes within the packaging material. MIGRATEST© EXP, which is steadily been updated and optimised, also with regards of further specifications of the Regulation 10/2011.
Scope of application of MIGRATEST© EXP
- Simulate the time and temperature depending migration of a certain substance from a packaging layer (e.g. plastics, paper and board or multilayer material) into the food, food simulants or other filling goods for time intervals between seconds and years.
- Compare the calculated results with SML´s (specific migration limits) of e.g. the Union list in the plastic regulation (EU) 10/2011 in order to determine the necessity of a (new) experimental test.
- Estimate the time depending decrease of concentration of certain migrants in one or more layers.
- Calculate the maximum initial concentration of a substance in the product in order to meet the SML in foodstuff or filled good.
- Calculate easily the influence of parameter changes (e.g. temperature, time, layer thickness, addition or removal of a layer) on migration processes.
MIGRATEST© EXP uses numeric algorithms and material-specific constants in order to calculate the migration of substances. Plastic regulation 10/2011 provides information about plastics, migration, foods and the corresponding food simulants and test-parameters (time and temperature), which are also available in the software databases. Diffusion and partition constants or AP-values are available in the literature (e.g. „Plastic Packaging – Interactions with Food and Pharmaceuticals“, Wiley-VCH; 2008).
Learn about MIGRATEST© EXP!
Please feel free to download a trial version from our website valid for one month.
In addition, FABES provides workshops for you in order to learn more in detail about the advantages and the background of the software. There it is already possible to model first scenarios. Workshops can take place at your company´s site, at FABES or online based.
If the purchase of the programme is not profitable for your company, we are more than happy to do the theoretical estimation for you and to provide a comprehensive report. Feel free to contact us and benefit from our extensive FABES-database.
You want to test or buy MIGRATEST© EXP or do you still need more information, a workshop or a calculation?
Please provide all information requested and we will contact you as soon as possible.